Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fruit Stripe Gum


Oh, Fruit Stripe Gum, aka-"Zebra Gum," how delicious and sugary you were. This was a favorite of mine and many other kids. Of course, I was almost never allowed to have it. :)

I believe this is the first gum I ever had, and there is actually a funny story to go along with that. I was probably about 6 years old, and I was over at my best friend's house. We were playing in her room with her older brother while our parents were visiting together in the main part of the house. My friend and her brother offered me a piece of Fruit Stripe, and after some pressure, I cautiously agreed. You see, my mom hates gum, and because of this, I thought I wasn't allowed to have any. Due to my fear of getting in trouble, everytime we thought we heard an adult coming, I was told to "Swallow it!" After the "danger" had passed, I would be given a new piece of gum. By the end of the evening, I had probably swallowed at least half a pack of Zebra gum, only to discover that my mom really wouldn't have cared at all.

I'm sure that event was great for my digestive system, but, oh boy, was it delicious! Recently, I have discovered that this gum is still regularly available to be purchased and is now sugar free. So go out and by a pack and reminisce about the good ol' days.

1 comment: